Chennai, 22nd November 2019: K7 Computing, a pioneer of Indian cybersecurity solutions recognised 17 distinguished leaders from across various industries for their significant individual contribution to the cyber security sector. CXOs and CIOs representing large enterprises and SMEs from across industries like healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecom, IT hardware, education, BFSI and IT software & services were presented with the K7 Cyber Safe Awards at a grand event in Chennai. The 3rd edition of K7 Cyber Safe Awards attracted an overwhelming participation from companies across India.
The K7 Cybersafe awardees were evaluated on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of a quality approach to manage a problem, or create a solution (preventive/reactive) overcoming challenges to meet the objective of creating a cybersafe environment
- Ability to inspire changes in the existing /drafting cyber security policies and offer thought leadership in a societal beneficiary area
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills, originality and imagination
- Impact in a particular department, organisation, local community or the nation within the limitations of the cyber security environment such as improving systems, reducing cost, enhancing sustainability and quantifiable business benefits
The awardees were evaluated by an independent and distinguished panel of jury members comprised of Mr. Arvind Sivaramakrishnan, CIO, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd, Mr. Shivanath Somanathan, Chief Information Security Officer / Board advisor on Cybersecurity matters, Freshworks, Mr. Yoosuf Mohamed, Senior Vice President, Global Delivery Head, Cognizant Security, and Mr. Chester Rebeiro, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT, Madras.
Special Guest for the event – Mr. Vijaykumar, I.A.S., MD, ELCOT along with the Chief Guest – Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan, Former Vice Chairman, Cognizant; Former Chairman, NASSCOM presented the awards to the CXOs & CIOs.
Commenting on the occasion Mr. J Kesavardhanan, Founder and CTO, K7 Computing said, “I congratulate all the awardees for demonstrating leadership, commitment and dedication to ensure a cyber-safe environment. With digital media growing at an exponential rate over the last few years, several cyber threats have emerged across various platforms. Through K7 Cybersafe awards which is celebrating its 3rd edition, we intend to recognise the significant contribution of cyber threat warriors who have raised the bar when it comes to protecting customer data by adopting the best cyber security practices.”
Chief Guest at the event, Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan, Former Vice Chairman, Cognizant; Former Chairman, NASSCOM said, “K7 Cybersafe awards helps in understanding and adopting the best practices of companies across sectors. These awards help in bringing various thought leaders on a single platform to share their views on best practices which would help in analysing the key issues of cyber security threats. This is a great initiative by K7 Computing which would eventually help in redefining IT security solutions across various platforms.”
The list of Cybersafe awardees is given below:
- Dhruba Kumar Bhattacharyya: Department of CSE, Tezpur University, Assam, India
- Dilip Panjwani: Larsen & Tourbo Infotech Ltd
- Madhusudan Warrier : NIIF Infrastructure Finance Limited
- Rahul Chandak: Grasim Industries Ltd.
- Rajendra Bhandare: IDFC Securities Ltd.
- Syed Raheem: Amara Raja Group
- Chitranjan Kesari: Kanakia Group
- Dr. Makarand Sawant: Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd.
- Manish Thakar: Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Suresh Venkatachalam: Hinduja Tech Limited
- Venkata Ramana Ratnakaram: Candid Brains
- Dr. Batheiah Bolisetti: Embassy Group
- Madhavan GG: Access Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Ganesh Viswanathan: Aithent Technologies Private Limited
- Vikas Gupta: H-ENERGY Private Ltd.
- Sanjeev Jain: Integreon Managed Solutions
- Manan Shah: Avalance Global Solutions
About K7 Computing
K7 Computing is a global provider of leading IT security solutions for enterprises and consumers. Incorporated in 1991, K7 Computing has its registered office in Chennai and a strong presence in all Indian states. With more than 20,000 channel partners, K7 Computing is protecting more than 25 million customers worldwide against the threats to their IT environment. K7 Computing has always believed in offering completely indigenous security products to its users worldwide. The recent notification from the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) on procurement of 100% indigenous cybersecurity products establishes K7 Computing as the only Indian player to comply with the Public Procurement Order 2018 for Cyber Security Products.
K7 Computing was accepted as the first Indian anti-virus company in Japan, partnering with SourceNext to distribute K7 Total Security under the name ‘Virus Security Zero’. SourceNext Corporation is Japan’s top-most domestic PC software seller with access to more than 25,000 retail shelves across the country. The widely acclaimed product commands a major market share in the retail segment in Japan. K7 Computing has been certified with ISO 9001:2015 & 27001:2013 for Quality & Risk Management.